Saturday, June 5, 2010


SALSA NIGHT!!!

I had a craving for really good, HOMEMADE salsa.

This is such an easy, nutritious, veggie & protein rich meal! It feels like your eating junk food, BUT IT'S NOT!!

It is SO simple to make! All I need to tell you is what's in it & you just chop away.

Oh, The hardest part is maybe opening the bag of chips though....LOL...I like Organic Blue Tortilla chips myself.

Again, I like to make BIG BATCHES, so everything gets all yummy yummy after it has sit in the fridge for a couple days. It only tastes better & better as it all blends together.....mmmmmmmm....:o)

2 25oz. cans of Organic Black Beans...drained & washed.
12 Organic Plum tomatoes. (You can use whichever tomatoes you like, but remember tomatoes are HIGHLY sprayed, so use Organic, if possible!)
4 Organic Avocados
4 cloves of Organic Garlic
2 Organic Red Onions
1 Big bunch of Organic Cilantro (use as much or little as you like...I like A LOT)
1 juice from an Organic Lime
Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste.

Again, this is another one of those recipes that you could do so many combination's!
You could heat things up with some Jalapeno's. Or any pepper you like.....
You could switch up veggies, or beans, use more spices.....WHATEVER!!!
Make it Fresh....Make it Yummy....Make it ORGANIC....MAKE IT FUN!! :o)

The price for this is....$16 for all the Veg. & I payed $2.50 for a HUGE bag of chips.
I will get AT LEAST 10 BIG servings.....so that is.....$1.85 a serving! UNBELIEVABLE!!! :o)

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Definitely going to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, anice blog! I loved yours recipes. Very interesting and I imagine yummi. I'll do it.
    So, I'm a follower, now; and I invite you to know my blog too and to know a lot of the brazilian food.

    http://kibe-cozinhandocomamigos.blogspot.com/

    Kisses from Brazil!

    Luiz

    ReplyDelete