Saturday, July 9, 2011

Three Bean/Quinoa Salad

(Sorry for the blurry picture!)


I think this is my most favorite thing I've EVER made! SERIOUSLY! It came out SO YUMMY!

I make HUGE batches of things, so that after they have sat for a while, they taste EVEN BETTER. And I have them for a lot of meals. So you can downsize if you want.

1 Cup uncooked Red Quinoa
1 1/2 Cup Water (or you can use vegetable broth)
Boil Water, then add rinsed Quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until liquid is gone. Let cool.

1 15.5 oz. Can Black Beans
1 15.5 oz. Can Small White Beans
1 15.5 oz. Can Garbanzo Beans
All drained and rinsed (You can use any combination of beans you like too)

Chop into "smallish" sized pieces~~~

2 Seedless Cucumbers
1 Red Pepper
1 Orange Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Medium Purple Onion
2 containers of Grape tomatoes (Halved)
Cilantro (rinsed and finely chopped)

Again, any combinations of vegetables work here. Use what YOU like, or what is freshest when you go to buy them.

Dressing~~~

In a small bowl with lid, Mix,

Juice of 3 Small Limes (I REALLY love lime, but you can use Lemon if Limes are too strong for you)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cover & shake until combined

Mix all ingredients in a HUGE container AND ENJOY!!!

Remember, the longer it sits, the better tasting everything gets. I couldn't wait, so I ate it RIGHT AWAY & it was already SO GOOD! :o)

1 comment:

  1. I just realized that you should probably double the amount of dressing if you like your things more "juicy". I tend to enjoy the ingredients on their own more though.

    ReplyDelete