Saturday, July 9, 2011

Beans and Greens Soup


This is a hearty soup. Very good for you, and easy to make. Again, you can do all, some, or none of the ingredients Organic, it's up to you.

In a soup pan, start with

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Minced Garlic (I like A LOT, but you can use however much you like)
Saute until slightly browned

Add

1 box Organic Vegetable Broth
1 Cup Water
1 15.5 oz. Can of Cannellini Beans with liquid
Big Bunch of Kale (washed and ripped into little pieces, without using stalks)
1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste

I brought everything to a boil, then covered & reduced the heat.

Cook for 1/2 Hour. Stirring here & there.

I find that Kale is a bit tough, that's why I put it in right at the beginning. You can adjust that if you like it on the chewier side.

You can also puree any or all of this soup too.

At the time I made it, I had to puree everything I ate, so I did the whole thing, all the way.

The picture is before I did that.

Some recipes call for you to cook the beans some, puree as little or much as you want, then add the Kale.

Do whatever you want, play around with your own tastes.

I served this with homemade wheat bread too.

Very yummy & goes a long way.

Each day it sits, the flavor gets better & better

Enjoy :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment