Thursday, February 21, 2013

Coconut Oil Toothpaste


OK, OK, yes....I am, at present, OBSESSED with coconut oil!

I have been "Oil Pulling" for about a week now, and I feel like it is REALLY starting to make a difference in how my teeth, gums & whole mouth in general, feel. They are A LOT less sensitive and just feel CLEANER.

CLICK THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OIL PULLING


I have also been using this as a toothpaste after I "pull". I couldn't see the logic in putting the chemical/ sugar laden crap back in my mouth after I had just made it such a clean, germ free, environment.

So here's my recipe


3 Tbls Organic, Extra Virgin, Unrefined, Coconut Oil


3 Tbls Baking Soda


1 tsp Peppermint Essential Oil

Mix all 3 with a fork, in any container you like.

And that is it.


Brush like normal. Remembering to brush your tongue, especially.

If you really can't stand it not having a sugary taste, you could add a packet of Stevia powder, or a drop or two of Stevia  liquid. I just feel like I don't want anything like that on my nice, clean, teeth, but it is perfectly fine to add.

I also put a little into a smaller container to carry in my purse. It is an awesome way to freshen your mouth during the day. Just dip your CLEAN finger in & rub it around on your tongue & teeth, Then spit it out & rinse with water. Instant breath mint with no chemicals or added sugar :)


Trust me...MORE COCONUT OIL POSTS COMING SOON....:)



No comments:

Post a Comment