Monday, August 1, 2011

Spinach Pesto





*My camera is on the fritz, so I picked an image off the Internet very, very similar to what mine looks like

Tonight I made the most delicious Spinach Pesto

It was very easy & oh so delicious!

INGREDIENTS

2 big bunches of Organic Spinach
1 whole bulb of Garlic
1/2 cup Pine Nuts
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
1 Lemon
White Truffle oil (any oil you like will do)

First I toasted the Pine Nuts at 375 degrees, just until they started to look "toasty". In the food processor I put Garlic, Nutritional Yeast, & toasted Pine Nuts, mix about 15 seconds or until pretty well blended. Then I added all the Spinach. I like to do it a bit at a time, so I don't overload the machine. Add the juice of 1 lemon. Then while it is all blended & still running, add the oil. You can use as little or as much as you like. I used about 1 Tablespoon.

That's IT!

Very easy & Oh SO YUMMY!

Put on your favorite pasta, use as a dip, as a pizza base....Or whatever else you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment